Administrator can manage licenses by accessing the License management from the the top menu Configure > License.
The page allows administrators to view information about server and currently installed license. Admin can also upgrade plans.
On this page you will also find the server information i.e
Server CPU cores. Send these when requesting a license.
In below example:
- server hostname is pc-429.slashdb.lab and
- server cpu cores is 1
Current License Details
This sections provides information on currently installed license:
- license type
- expiration date
- unique product key
- number of maximum allowed users defined in SlashDB
- number of maximum allowed connected databases
- number of maximum allowed cpu cores on the server
- number of maximum enabled identity providers that use JWT
- number of maximum enabled identity providers that use SAML
- contact information
Uploading New License
To update the license follow the instruction on the page
First click on button
Attach License File and pick new license file.
The new license will be validated. In case of any issues there will be
message in red.
When license is valid there will not be any messages, finally click on
The license file will be sent and saved on SlashDB server, the page will refresh and new license information will appear in section Current License Details
License is a text file that contains properties:
- product is name of the product i.e. SlashDB
- version defines for what version the license is applicable:
- == exact version number e.g.
== 1.4.2license is valid only for server version 1.4.2
- >= greater or equal than e.g.
>= 1.3.0license is valid for server version greater or equal than 1.3.0
- <= less or equal than e.g.
<= 1.5.0license is valid for server version less or equal than 1.5.0
- > greater than e.g.
> 1.4.0license is valid for server version greater than 1.4.0
- < less than e.g.
< 1.5.0license is valid for server version less than 1.5.0
- == exact version number e.g.
- license-type can be:
Developer Licensefor development purposes only or
Production Licensefor production purposes
- expiration is a date in format
YYYY-MM-DDuntil license is valid e.g.
2021-12-31. Expiration can be empty which means the license never expires.
- registered is for internal purposes
- dbtypes is a comma-separated list of database types for which license is valid. It means user will be able
to connect only to the listed databases. Valid options are:
sqlcipher. When uploading a license that does not support certain database type then such databases must be first disconnected.
- max-databases is a limit of connected databases. Number of connected databases must be less or equal than
max-databasesin new license.
- max-users is a limit of users beside
adminthat can be created in SlashDB e.g.
adminand 5 other users are allowed. Number of users must be less or equal than
max-users + 1in new license.
- max-cpu-cores is a limit of cores in CPU on the server. Empty means the license is valid for any number of cores.
- hostname-fqdn is a hostname of the server. Empty means the license is valid for any hostname.
- sso-jwt is number of enabled identity providers that use OpenId Connect protocol.
- sso-saml is a number of enabled identity providers that use SAML protocol.
- organization is a name of the organization for which the license was issued for.
- organization-dept is optional name of department of the organization.
- billing-contact-name, billing-contact-email and billing-contact-phone are optional contact information to a person responsible for acquisition.
- technical-contact-name, technical-contact-email and technical-contact-phone are optional contact information to a system administrator responsible for maintenance of the server and SlashDB.
- key is a unique verification key that proves integrity of the license.
Example of the license file
[License] product: SlashDB version: < 1.5.0 license-type: Production License expiration: registered: True dbtypes: mssql, mysql, sqlite, postgresql, db2, sqlcipher, mariadb max-databases: 5 max-users: 20 max-cpu-cores: hostname-fqdn: sso-jwt: 3 sso-saml: 0 organization: VTE organization-dept: billing-contact-name: John Tutorial billing-contact-email: email@example.com billing-contact-phone: technical-contact-name: technical-contact-email: technical-contact-phone: key: 6d6.....dada
Database servers licensed
The lower section on license page shows types of database servers that current license allows users to connect to.
Databases that are supported by the subscribed plan are highlighted in green, and unsupported are in red. For example if the current license doesn't support Oracle, it will be highlighted red. Users will not be able to use Oracle as the back-end data source.
Uploading New License that allows Oracle would change the status to green.